Photography has burst into our lives. It is safe to say that now we are experiencing the cult of photography. People try to capture on paper interesting moments of their existence, to reflect some plot of their lives, a moment of emotional experience, leaving in memory exactly what they were at that moment. Through the photo, we seem to leave a trace of ourselves in the history of humanity, in the history of a kind, for ourselves. Long winter evenings are pleasant to consider and remember over a cup of hot coffee, joyful events of the past days.
Photographs are, by nature, very multifaceted because they reflect human emotions. They are sometimes whimsical and funny, sometimes depict interesting places, people. Photo is much more serious, much more important than the picture.
They touch on the deepest, hidden, that is, in our essence – the most beautiful and kind aspects of human nature.
A photoshoot is a time when a photo-artist, lens, and model are ready to create and create new and beautiful works of art. Harmoniously and tastefully try on the image, open up, express your mood – this is one of their important and main tasks to get a good result.
There are a lot of images and ideas for photos, so do not be afraid to open up, fantasize, and create. Everything is in your hands! Choose the most suitable image for your inner impulse, think through clothes and accessories, choose a place to shoot, play with mood, hair, face. And you get bright and juicy photos!!!
So, shall we get going? Initially, what is worth doing – to determine the genre, according to which your future photoshoot will be planned.
In the world of photography, distinguish the main types of photography: portrait, reportage, demonstration, and selfie. To better understand each of them, let’s take a closer look at the important elements that characterize each species.
The liveliness of emotions marks reporting. There are no staged frames and poses. During the reportage, the photographer captures the footage during the process of making a certain event in a person’s life, whether it is a wedding, birthday, or any other similar event.
Street photography, as an offshoot of the kind of reportage, also does not imply the staging of the frame.
But it is worth noting that the main thing in such photos is not a certain event and the reflection of people in the ordinary environment of their lives. Such photos are usually taken on the street, beach, park, or any other place.
The result of a demonstration or model photoshoot we often see on the covers of glossy magazines.
The main thing in these photos is not a person as a person, but an attribute that he demonstrates. For example, hairstyles, clothes, jewelry, and the like. The model, in this case, acts as a complementary element, without which it will be impossible to demonstrate a particular main element.
Self-Portrait today is called the fashionable name “selfie.” In this kind of photo, each person acts as the artist of his picture. In today’s world, thanks to the wide steps of computerization and mobility, almost every person, including a child, has in his arsenal a mobile phone or an iPhone, which is equipped with a camera.
Therefore, every shade of life, each event can be captured on the lens and sealed in the archive of many photos on the device and then posted to the Internet resources. A person is able at any moment to remove himself on an outstretched hand or ask a friend about it, the main thing – the desire to do it.
But it is worth noting that the quality of such photos will be much lower than those taken on a professional camera.
Portrait. This is probably the most common and popular genre of photography. Depending on the conditions of the shooting, in its manifestation it has several subspecies:
- According to the number of persons depicted: individual, group, family;
- the subject range is different from artistic portrait, wedding and holiday photography, theme studio session and the plenary;
- and the shape of the image: in height, waist, breast, shoulder, and so on.
The portrait image is aimed at revealing the character and image of a person as much as possible. The main role here is assigned to the individual. And in the portrait, like nowhere else, you need to think deeply about the image that you want to see in the photo.
However, the location of the shooting was also a key moment and can complement your image, image, emphasize a certain mood; the role in which you want to incarnate in the camera lens.
Where is the best photoshoot to create beautiful and stylish photos in its process? A lot depends on the location of the shooting, but do not forget about the mood and attractiveness of the picture.
Nature and, in general, the environment in which the photoshoot takes place must contain a storyline, serve as a book about a man who got into such an original and beautiful space.
Making a studio for a photo shoot is an art. It is here that the masters of their craft create a real fairy tale and can make the most daring dreams come true. The photo studio allows you to work with a variety of style trends.
And the literacy of execution is always on top. Here and light, and brightness, and saturation of tones – all this will create harmony in the atmosphere and make photos real works of art.
However, the photos taken on the street, not only convey the beauty of man but also saturated with the depth of natural phenomena. Illuminating natural light and absorbing the colors of nature, the photos are lighter and more alive and brightly convey the mood, emotional background. Plan to do a photoshoot in unusual places.
It is the right choice of place – 50 percent success. Romantic mood, as well as the beauty of the human soul perfectly, emphasize the fields and gentle shades of the sunset.
If you are a nature full of mysteries, then you will be perfect as a background forest thicket. Lightness will give photos in the sea style, taken on the beach, dam, or even on a boat.
You should avoid the bad backgrounds in the photo. Plastic decorations or tiled surfaces of houses will not decorate you and will look bad. Choose favor of a place filled with space.
If you still want to hold a photoshoot in the city, then capture in the frame the perspective of the street and houses, take a photo in the uncharted expanses of the city, whether it’s old alleys or interesting textured stories.
The time of year plays a special value when choosing the location of the photoshoot and the image in general.
Spring is a great time. Blossoms of apple and cherry trees, lilacs, tulip-wrapped glades – a perfect background for the transmission of spring, awakening mood. Landscapes of this time of year are better to choose far from the city.
For example, young foliage will look very rich, and melting ice on the river will fill the frame with movement. If the photoshoot takes place in the city, then look at the streets, which are filled with the brightness of the spring sun and small islets of the dry road among puddles.
The most suitable place is the main street in the city or the square.
Autumn is the time to fall asleep. It is like a mixed carpet after a summer riot of greenery covers the tops of trees. Bright foliage combined with a saturated cloudy sky looks very textured in the photo.
In this case, both the street and the autumn forest – a good place to perform a photoshoot at this point of the year. Boulevards covered with a delicate shade of trees – a beautiful background, reflecting the charming game of color and shade.
Photographs taken at this time of year are like works of art.
Winter is a time of calm and tranquillity. To give your photo freshness, you should go to the winter forest. At this time of year, the snow-white cover of the earth and the textured trunks of trees will breathe into your photo the atmosphere of the holiday.
And if you choose a day for a photoshoot, which is a snowfall or, conversely, a calm sunny day, it will be the perfect addition and decoration of the photo.
Summer. Thanks to the long length of the day, the most beautiful time for photoshoots. At this time of year, all places are ablaze with a riot of greenery and other colors of nature. It is especially worth noting the embankment, beach, or pier.
Thanks to the wind playing the waves, your clothes will develop perfectly in its vortexes. And the sun glare looks beautiful in the photo. The warmth of the shades of summer, interesting places, and good mood guarantee success in the implementation of the photoshoot.
The photoshoot requires intense preparation, the results of which will then depend on the quality of photos. And thinking through the image is one of the important key points when planning a photographic image ornament.
Going to the photoshoot, think about what mood you would like to portray in the photo? What is closer to you: mischief, enthusiasm, romance, or, conversely, thoughtfulness? What role will you want to see yourself in? Or do you, on the contrary, want to reflect your true mood or image?
If you just want to take a picture, you can not think much about the image. But if you expect from the result of the photoshoot something special, non-standard, and creative, then you should treat the process creatively. Let’s plunge into the world of images and ideas to bring them to life:
- Romantic image – This is a great opportunity to reveal all the tenderness, grace, and feminine charm. In this image, you can focus on both the portrait and the design of the storyline in the photo.
- A perfect addition to your photo will be flowers and swings that will add airiness to the photo.
- A bright note will look known in the modern world pin-up style. Its main manifestation is such attributes as vintage clothing, bright makeup, the presence of deep cutouts, styles of tight clothing, stockings, and high-heeled shoes.
- This image will make you a frivolous lady, daringly conquering men’s hearts.
- The style of “hippie” can be successful. Photo session of this direction should be held in nature: at the river, in the field, on a country road or in the woods. Ethnic clothing will help to create such an image, as well as accessories such as drums, guitar, pipe, large copper and silver jewelry, and many other attributes that characterize freedom, life, and love.
- The style of “retro” in your image can realize a long-held dream and be reborn as a lady from the past. Interesting styles of clothes, antiques, hats, characteristics of the time, hairstyles, and makeup inspire fashionistas to choose this style.
- For example, to embody retro style, you can wear a little lace dress, hair with curly curls, stab up. From accessories, buy a mouthpiece with a long cigar, a fan, beads. And the shoes of a boat will complete your transformation into a lady of the last century.
Also, there are other popular images that almost any woman sees in herself. The first place among them is taken by photos in the style of “glamour” and “sexy.”
Here luxurious women take seductive poses, and the availability of clothes is kept to a minimum. Many want to be like beauties from famous movies and westerns. Sometimes girls dream of releasing their inner strength and trying on the image of rockers and bikers.
The range of images is large and never-ending. And which one will suit your nature, and who you want to be in your wildest dreams – it’s up to you!
After determining the location of the photoshoot and thinking through the image, focus on the choice of clothes. There are three basic recommendations for clothing selection:
- Convenience. First of all, choose clothes such as which you will feel easy and be able to relax in front of the camera lens.
- Ideological conformity of clothing of your chosen theme. To find the photo harmony of place and image, carefully think about your vision in terms of clothing.
- The secondary role of the wardrobe. It is necessary to understand that the main character in the photo – you, your personality, your inner light, not the surrounding scenery.
- However, if there is a definite skew in styles and images, it will overshadow your personality, and it will take a back seat.
- Therefore, remember that during the shooting, everything plays a role, but a lot is pushed from you.
There are other rules for choosing a wardrobe:
- There is such a thing in the fashion world as a “basic sector.” This is a series of combinations of clothes that will always look winning.
- For example, for ladies with a slender figure, one of the beautiful additions to the image will be a combination of “white top – black bottom,” but for the owners of lush forms – a black dress or a suit.
- Adjust the length and pomp of the skirt depending on your size and age. However, the classic is a small black dress or trouser suit.
- Fashion accessory. Perfectly complement your compelling image zest, whether it’s the original decoration, hat, handkerchief. However, remember that a large cluster of accessories in one look can out mind you and draw attention to yourself.
- Seasonality. If you are going to a family photoshoot, then pay attention to the correspondence in the clothes of all family members.
- For example, very absent-minded and strange will look a photo on which you – in a summer sundress, and a spouse – in a winter sweater.
- Harmony of the texture of fabrics. When planning an image, stick to the combination of materials in clothing. In professional light, all the shortcomings will be clearly expressed.
- Trousers and leggings. If you are young and have beautiful honed legs, then everything is in your hands. You can safely wear both leggings and pants. But if you are a lady with life experience, do not run forward the locomotive.
- Be a little restrained in your impulses. Even if you have 18 years in your soul, choose the favor of trousers. Leggings will look funny to you. To emphasize femininity and lightness, a more successful solution would be to wear a skirt or dress.
- Prints. Now in the clothing market, things amaze with their beauty and brightness. You can often see clothes with photographs. Large prints are not a very good solution for photoshoots.
- They will look like posters and distract all attention from you. Therefore, it is recommended to choose monotonous things.
- The compatibility of the clothes of the participants of the shooting, It is interesting to create in a joint image an emphasis on the harmonious addition of each small, but deep zest. It’s an attractive option. But don’t overdo it! Don’t dress like twins!
- Shoes. In many of the shoes in the photo, it is the shoes that can complement and emphasize your elegance.
- For example, if you are sitting, heeled shoes will transform your legs and visually make them slimmer. However, remember that shoes should be not only beautiful but also comfortable.
- The overall silhouette of clothing can emphasize the virtues and hide the shortcomings. The most beautiful look either clearly expressed geometric shapes in clothing, or light, thin and flowing fabrics.
Having decided on clothes, it’s time to think about the final element – the choice of accessories. Preparing for the photoshoot, we live your image, which we want to capture. And tastefully selected accessories will help make you more attractive in photos. Let’s look at the basic rules of jewelry selection. They will help you make the right choice.