Lavender twig is the oldest symbol in the world of vegetation. It was found in ancient Greek images, Roman and biblical legends. It is possible to understand the meaning of the lavender tattoo only after the question of what or whom the flower binds in its consciousness is disassembled and clarified.
1. What Does A Lavender-tinged Tattoo Mean?
The flower of lavender is the embodiment of purity, both soulful and physical:
- In Christian traditions, it was called a sprig of purity. The Virgin Mary was often drawn with her.
- The ancient Romans were cleaned by it, adding water to the bathroom. Sincerely believing that the plant gives freshness, in the sacred sense especially.
- The Catholic Church lavender scared off witches and sorcerers. She used it to banish the devils.
- In Egypt, the plant symbolized eternal life. It was considered an inalienable attribute when embalming people who had departed into another world.
- In the Middle Ages, the plant was endowed with talismanic properties.
The branch of lavender was considered royal symbolism. Elizabeth I and Queen Victoria loved and revered her. For the sake of the first person created lavender cookies, the second was introduced water-based on lavender. Therefore, this tattoo is of high origin, denotes nobility, symbolizes women’s power.
2. What Colours Depict The Plant
The characteristic pattern of lavender – a bouquet of thin branches, covered with beautiful green foliage, showered with purple flowers. Elongated lines dominate the image, so the tattoo is applied to the side, arm, lower limbs and shoulder blades.
The meaning of the tattoo lies in the colour that prevails in the picture:
- Blue – serenity, readiness for something new, freedom.
- Dark (deep, rich purple, dark blue) symbolizes poise, mystery, calmness.
- Green (colourful bright) is associated with joie de vivre and positivity.
A branch of lavender on a woman’s and a man’s body means eternal love.
3. What Styles Are Typical For Lavender Tattoos
There are several varieties of lavender drawing style:
- Classic – a bunch of thin branches
- The lamb skull is framed by lavender – as a memory of the past love, for life. Sometimes the plant is depicted as a sign of rebirth and cyclicality.
4. Who Fits The Tattoo
On the recommendation of astrologers, even the smallest tattoo of lavender is sure to bring happiness and well-being to those who were born under the sign of Leo. Other symptoms will give determination, courage, help to keep strength and sanity. Every person living on Earth tattoo fits by one or another parameters and values.
6. Who Is The Right Person
Lavender branches or bouquet incandescent on the body of both women and men.
- In women. A sprig of lavender on a woman’s body is a symbol of loyalty, love and devotion. Before you decide on a tattoo, you need to know what the image means and find a good master. You need to focus on the experience of the tattoo artist, his credibility and real reviews.
- In men. The male part of the population agrees to the tattoo as a symbol of tremulous attitude to the other half. They do it before the wedding, after the engagement. Eccentric guys incandescent on the body of a ram skull, surrounded by flowers of lavender, It is believed that such a tattoo has magical properties, protecting its master from evil forces and thoughts.