Nails of a pointed shape or edgy nails are one of the main nail trends of recent seasons. How did this trend come about and what manicure options should those who follow choose?
In manicure, practicality has receded into the background: now elegant long nails with edgy tips are in trend. In this material, we will talk about how to give the nails a beautiful pointed shape, and what kind of manicure will look fashionable on such nails, and not vulgar.
Manicure For Edgy Nails Relevant In 2022
- The oval shape of the nails is considered a classic; a soft square is another popular shape. But recently, more and more girls decide on a manicure for edgy nails.
- It is believed that this form speaks eloquently about the character. Girls who choose sharp nails are brave personalities, ready for experiments. They love new ideas, choose fashionable design, follow new products. Such girls try to attract attention, are emotional, expressive. They are for the freedom of creativity and the absence of restrictions.
- However, following the fashion, “sharp manicure” began to be “worn” by those who do not possess such features.
But the “compatibility” of the shape of the nails and the temperament of a person is not so important. Why deny yourself a change? Try at least once to make a manicure on sharp nails.
- Moreover, in the 2022 season, the trend will continue! At recent shows, Tom Ford, Jeremy Scott, Francesca Liberatore, Adam Selman and many other nail masters demonstrated that it is sharp nails and “sharp” manicure that are one of the most relevant in “nail” fashion.
- So, if you have already managed to fall in love with it, you can remain faithful to the trend in the new season.
Fashion gives a “green light” to those who previously could not approach the pointed shape of the nails, but there are nuances that beginners need to know and take into account if they decide to make a sharp manicure.
It is important to compare the acute shape and length of the nail plate. If there is no harmony, there is a risk that too long edgy nails will look vulgar and spoil the whole image.
You Can Beat the Design of Edgy Nails in Different Ways. But the Main Thing Is the Form: There Are Two Conditions That Are Better to Observe.
- First, make sure your nails are strong and tight enough. Only healthy nails will withstand this kind of test. If, on the contrary, they are fragile and brittle, then it will not take a couple of days before the sharp tip breaks. And this means that all nails will have to be trimmed in length, returning to their natural shape in order to grow them again.
- Secondly, do not make the tips of the nails too sharp – “prickly”. The sharpening should be gentle. Otherwise, the real danger of injuring or injuring someone will become real. In addition, the likelihood that too sharp nails will break will be much higher.
This is the mildest variation of the pointed form. As you can guess from the name, it repeats the shape of an almond nut. Narrowing at the tips of the nails does not imply “dangerous” sharpness.
Not the most practical variation on the theme. Nails are as edgy as peaks. Mitigation is minimal. As a rule, such a manicure for sharp nails is done with a long length, because it is very difficult to achieve such a sharpening on short nails.
Another popular type of edgy nails is in the form of pointe shoes. The narrowing begins closer to the tips, but then abruptly breaks off with a horizontal cut. This shape combines two others: sharp and square. On the sides, the sharp edges of the nail are usually rounded.
Edgy Manicure For Different Nail Lengths
The forms listed above differ from each other also in that some look good on short nails, while others, on the contrary, will be winning on long ones.
On Short Nails
With insufficient nail length, it is unlikely that it will be possible to achieve great sharpness.
For maneuvers with a file, at least a small margin of length is needed. If the nails are short, the best option for a spicy manicure, which always looks advantageous, is to achieve an almond-shaped shape, that is, simply narrow the tips. Greater variety in the case of short nails can not be achieved.
On Long Nails
When the length of the nails allows, then there are more design options for edgy nails. Sharp nail-peaks, for example, are an option that is only possible on long nails. The same can be said about pointe nails: it is impossible to create both a narrowing and a subsequent horizontal cut on a short length.
So this form is also suitable exclusively for owners of strong and long nails.
- Regardless of whether you have long or short nails, whether you have chosen an almond shape or pointe nails, there are certain rules that should be followed when sawing.
- The acute form, as already mentioned, implies the necessary length of the nails. This means that the area of the nail plate will be large enough to make a manicure on edgy nails with large, complex patterns and patterns in a wide variety of colors and combinations – bright, French, pink or bright red.
- With such initial ones, you can “play” in the design of the edgy nails tips – for example, with the help of geometric accents. These and other ideas are in our photo collection.
- This is a very practical nail art technique. The pattern created on edgy nails, as it were, is “hidden” between layers of transparent varnish or gel. This is how the “aquarium” effect is created – it seems that the drawing is immersed in water.
The advantage of this design is that it does not require updating for a long time. Thanks to the transparent background, the nails can grow imperceptibly.
With this shape, it is easy to decorate nails with straight and broken lines, as well as geometric shapes and color blocks. If the “prints” echo the edgy nails, the design will look original. An interesting solution is various combinations of colors and textures, for example, bright and shiny varnish in combination with matte.
Decorating the edgy tips of the nails with pieces of metal foil, rhinestones or glitter, gradually “dissipating” towards the hole, is another idea that will draw attention to the extravagant shape.
The edgy shape of long nails allows you to experiment with the classic versions of French on sharp nails: thicken the strip at the tips, decorate it with patterns, drawings, textural details.
Have a Look Acrylic Edgy Nails!
How To Make A Manicure For Edgy Nails At Home?
“Edgy” manicure or manicure on sharp nails is one of the trends of the season. Whether it is possible to do it yourself, we tell you right now: and here’s what is important to provide.
- Inspect your nails carefully. If they are not perfect at all (fragile, dry, brittle), you should not achieve an excessively pointed shape – in this case, the nails will necessarily break at the tips.
- Sharpening the nails with a file, give preference to a rounded, soft shape.
- If you have short nails, first use a nail file to give your nails an almond-shaped shape with pointed edges.
- When working with a nail file, move in the direction from the periphery to the center.
We hope you all are like the article, Edgy Nails Ideas in 2022!