The symbol of the coming year is a rat. This rodent will be delighted with cheese and nuts, so salads for the Christmas & New Year must include these ingredients ”Christmas side salads”. Below are the most delicious versions of such snacks from hearty and nutritious to light and dietary.
New Year’s Salad: Christmas Side Salads
At the heart of the snack are the common mushrooms and chicken fillet, which give a unique zest to prunes and walnuts.
- On a mixture of vegetable and butter, fry the mushrooms together with the onions. Cover the plate with a paper towel and put on it ready mushrooms, so that they cool down, and absorbed excess fat.
- Carrots, meat and prunes cut into the same cubes. The kernels of walnuts are chopped with a small knife.
- For the dressing, prepare the sauce, mixing mayonnaise with sour cream and seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- Place a connector ring on a large flat plate. In its centre layout layers of ingredients in the following sequence: mushrooms, meat, dried fruits, carrots and cheese. Each layer is generously smeared with sauce.
- Top the dish to garnish with nuts. Then, without removing the rings, tighten the film and put for a few hours in the refrigerator. Before serving the ring and film remove, decorate with greenery.
Snack Salads For Christmas & New Year
Beautiful green edge – under the layers of which hid mushrooms, will not remain untouched on the plate, and for its preparation should be prepared:
- 500g fresh mushrooms
- 200g boiled potatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 200g hard cheese
- 200g pickled cucumbers
- 140g onions
- 80g green onions (feather)
Mayonnaise (thick creamy dressing consisting of egg yolks beaten with oil and vinegar and seasoned) and vegetable oil.
The sequence of actions:
- Onions are diced with cubes, and mushrooms are cut with thin slices. Then fry everything in a frying pan until cooked and allow to cool completely.
- Separate the two yolks and the rest with the proteins, cucumbers, potatoes and cheese to grinding on a large grater. Green feathers are not very finely chopped with a knife.
- Collect snack should also be layered: mushrooms, potatoes, green onions (a little leave for decoration), cucumbers, eggs, cheese. Between the ingredients should be made mayonnaise mesh.
- As decor in the centre to crumble the yolks, and at the edges sprinkle with chopped green feathers.
Olivier- with Redfish And Caviar Salads
- 300g lightly salted redfish
- 300g green, canned peas
- 300 g boiled potatoes in a uniform
- 300g pickled cucumbers
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 20g red caviar
as well as olives and greens for decoration
How To Prepare:
- Potatoes together with redfish and other ingredients are crushed into cubes. Mix the crushed ingredients along with the canned peas and season with the mayonnaise.
- With the help of a culinary ring put a salad round turret, on top decorate with red caviar and herbs, and on the sides of olives.
“USA & Russia Traditions” In The New Year Decoration Of Salads
A simple set of ingredients can be turned not only into a delicious but also in a beautiful New Year’s treat, it will require:
- 400g lightly salted redfish
- 400g boiled potatoes in uniform
- 300g tomatoes
- 90g green onions
- Sour cream, mustard and salt for decoration
Sprigs of dill and cherry tomatoes for decor
- Potatoes and fish cut into cubes, also to do with tomatoes, before choosing seeds, so that later snack did not flow.
- Finely chop the onions and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Add a little mustard (to taste) to the sour cream and fill the salad with this sauce. If necessary, the snack can be salted.
- Put everything on a large flat dish in the form of a ring, decorate with sprigs of dill and small tomatoes that will imitate spruce branches with toys on them.
High-protein New Year’s Treat With Squid And Nuts Salads – Christmas Side Salads
The festive table is not a reason to forget about your figure, because there are snacks that will not harm her, such as cooking from:
- 500g squid
- 300g mushrooms
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 80g onions
- 100g hard cheese
- 70g walnuts
- 6-12g garlic
Natural yogurt, vegetable oil, salt and herbs.
- Boil the water, and for 3-4 minutes cook in it peeled squid, then throw them on a colander and cool.
- Pre-chopped onions and mushrooms fry until cooked in vegetable oil. The kernels of the nuts are slightly dried in a dry frying pan and finely chop.
- Grate the eggs and cheese on a large grater. Mix the yoghurt with the garlic that has been pressed. Chilled squid chop a thin straw.
- In one container combine mushrooms, seafood and other ingredients with half of the nuts, season all with yogurt. Before serving, decorate the appetizer with the remaining nuts and herbs.
Snack With Pork Heart, Eggs And Vegetable Salads
This dish could not be imagined on the table in the past year, but since the pig is already surrendering its position, it will be appropriate.
- 1 pig’s heart
- 4 eggs
- 300g carrots
- 200g onions
Vegetable oil, mayonnaise, salt, black ground pepper and parsley.
- Boil the pork heart in salted water in advance, and boil hard-boiled eggs. Allow these products to cool completely, then cut into small cubes.
- Peeled carrots chop straw, and onions – half rings. Vegetables until soft, trade-in oil until smooth. Then cool and connect with other ingredients. Season everything with mayonnaise, salt and pepper and garnish with sprigs of parsley.
The Snow Queen – Christmas Side Salads
New salads gradually displace the usual treats; for some reason, it is in the run-up to the New Year holidays many homemakers decide on culinary experiments.
Perhaps it was their result that was the following combination:
- 200g crab sticks
- 200g ham
- 200g melted cheese
- 4 boiled eggs
- 140g fresh apple
- 120g mayonnaise
- 100g peanuts
- Salt, pepper.
Divide the proteins and yolks and grate separately on a medium grater.
- Crush ham and crab sticks into cubes, and cheese and apple on a grater. Roast the peanuts and grind in a blender bowl — separately shredded products season with mayonnaise (except apple, nuts and half of proteins).
- In a ring set on a serving dish, put the first layer of melted cheese, then yolks, crab sticks, apple, ham, peanuts, proteins with mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with proteins without mayonnaise and remove for a few hours in the refrigerator to soak. Before serving, the ring must be removed.
Snack With Chicken, Cheese And Holland Salad Sauce
This recipe will please adherents of the right food because it does not have a dressing with a bunch of preservatives, but only use ingredients and homemade sauce:
- 500g chicken thighs
- 200g carrots
- 100g green olives
- 70 g leeks (can be replaced with onions)
- 150g cheese
- 1 pomegranate (grain)
- Fennel greens.
For the Dutch sauce you will need:
- 2 eggs
- 80g melted butter
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 3g salt, sugar and red pepper.
- In the beginning, you need to prepare a gas station. To do this, mix the yolks with lemon juice, sugar and salt, soak in a steam bath until thickened, then pour the melted butter and stir in the separately beaten proteins. Again hold over the steam until thick consistency. In the end, add the pepper.
- Boil the chicken and carrots until cooked. Remove the skin from the chicken thighs and disassemble the melt into fibres. Cut the carrots into circles. Sprinkle with half rings and fry.
- Meat, olives, onions and carrots mix, season with sauce and put a slide on the dish. Top with a generous layer of finely grated cheese, garnish with pomegranate seeds and herbs.
Christmas And New Year Salad – Christmas Side Salads
Undoubtedly, the New Year’s table will be decorated with a bright and appetizing snack with the following ingredient composition:
- 240g canned corn
- 250g Korean carrots
- 150g hard cheese
- 70g onions
- 4 boiled eggs
- 300g baked chicken breast
- 30g fennel greens
- 50g red Bulgarian pepper
- 50g fresh cucumber
- 100g mayonnaise
- 20g sugar
- 15 ml vinegar
- 75 ml of water
How To Cook And Decorate:
- In the prescription amount of water dissolve the sugar, add the vinegar and in this solution for 20 minutes marinate the diced onion.
- Cheese and eggs are crushed with a large grater, and the breast is cut into square slices.
- When all the ingredients are ready, you can start assembling the dish. in a ring 17 cm with a diameter of layers to lay: meat, pickled tear vegetable, carrots, eggs, corn, cheese. Some carrots and corn leave for decoration.
- After the salad is well-fed and soaked, on top of it decorate with rings of carrots, dill, corn, cucumber and pepper. You need to move from the edges to the centre.
Dietary Salad With Shrimp
Seafood and a sea of fresh greenery will not be able to nail a heavy anchor on New Year’s Eve to the sofa and will give satiety and energy to meet the year of the rat actively.
- Product proportions
- 160g peeled shrimp
- 100g lettuce leaves
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 20g hard cheese
- 20 ml olive oil
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 40g fresh basil
We cook as follows:
- Boil the prawns and cool them. Wash the lettuce leaves, dry and tear with your hands. Cut the tomatoes in half. Skip the cheese through a small grater.
- To make a mortar, grind the olive oil with lemon juice and basil.
- Put torn leaves on a plate, shrimps and tomatoes on them. Pour all over the top with dressing and sprinkle with cheese.
Christmas & New Year’s Treat With Ham And Pickled Mushroom Salads
This is a simple and delicious dish, which is quickly cooked at least on the holiday table, at least for the daily menu:
- 100g ham
- 100g pickled mushrooms
- 2 boiled eggs
- 60g onions
- 70g pickled cucumbers
- Sour cream and mayonnaise in equal proportions for dressing
- Salt, pepper.
How To Prepare:
- Remove the husk from the bulbs and rinse it with thin semi-rings, which for 5 minutes pour boiling water, and then throw away on a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Cut all the other ingredients into thin straws, add to them tender after boiling onion semi-rings, season with mayonnaise with sour cream and transfer to a deep plate. Before serving, garnish to taste.
With Grilled Chicken And Curd Cheese Salads
The red chicken breast on the grill will keep all its juices under a golden crust and will fit perfectly into many New Year’s salads.
One Option Would Require:
- 300g chicken breast
- 150g curd cheese
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 red salad onion
Spinach and walnuts to taste
- 30 ml olive oil
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 g sugar
- Salt, pepper
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt and spices, give it a little marinate, and then fry until cooked in a grill pan.
- Avocado, onion and meat cut into straws. Break the spinach with your hands and cut the cherry in half.
- For the dressing, mix the oil, vinegar and sugar. Mix all the ingredients, pour the sauce, and before serving to add the curd cheese and coarsely chopped nuts.
- For this festive dish will need a few ingredients, but their combination is new and unusual for many.
- In the photo, such an appetizer looks like a homemade cake, and its composition includes:
- 300g boiled beef
- 1 eggplant
- 70g onion
- 12-14 g garlic
- 150g prunes
- 60g walnuts
- 140g mayonnaise
- Greens for decoration
A Sequence Of Culinary Processes:
- Peel the eggplant, grind with cubes, sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 minutes. Then rinse and fry with the onions until cooked.
- Cut prunes and beef into small cubes. Turn the nuts into crumbs, and chop the greens finely.
- In a ring or a transparent deep salad bowl put layers of veal, prunes, a third of nuts and eggplant. All layers are smeared with mayonnaise.
- Allow the dish to stand for a few hours in the fridge, then sprinkle on top of the nut crumb.
With Canned Tuna And Corn Salad: Christmas Side Salads
Such a New Year’s treat will not only please the taste but also give the body a powerful charge of vitamin E to shine with beauty in the new year.
The List Of Necessary Products:
- 200g canned tuna
- 200g canned corn
- 200g fresh tomatoes
- 4 boiled eggs
- 80g onions
- 10g dill
- Sour cream or yogurt for dressing.
- Drain the liquid from the canned food, and the fish a little to grind with a fork. Eggs, tomatoes and onions chop straw. The greens are finely chopped.
- Combine all the ingredients and season with sour cream or yogurt. For a more savoury taste, you can add a little mustard to the dressing.
Christmas & New Year’s Salad With Smoked Chicken And Pineapple
To Prepare, You Must Make
- 300g smoked chicken fillet
- 500g canned pineapples
- 200g hard cheese
- 2 boiled eggs
- 12g garlic
- Mayonnaise, lettuce
- All ingredients are crushed with cubes and seasoned with mayonnaise mixed with garlic passed through the press.
- The bottom of the dish to line with washed and dried lettuce leaves, on top of a slide, put out an appetizer.
How To Decorate A Salad For The New Year 2020?
New Year’s salads are more demanding: they should be not only tasty but also beautiful. Ideal, if their design will be in the theme of the coming year. Most of the recipes from the collection are already given with the option of festive decor, but more straightforward options can be decorated, using the following tips:
- Ingredients can be laid out in the form of a ring, which with the help of greenery and a few bright accents (corn or pomegranate grains) to turn into a Christmas wreath;
- Even the usual herring under a fur coat will look more festive if you put a Christmas tree on top of twigs of greenery;
- Probably the second most popular New Year’s design – watches; numbers and arrows on the salad dial can be cut from black olives, beets or carrots;
- Simple flowers of vegetables and eggs will also be appropriate; the most comfortable option – chrysanthemum from the onion, for which it removes the husk, make incisions and dip in warm water to open the flower.
If the idea of the decoration is not filled with festive troubles, they can be gleaned from this photo collection.
Hope you like the article: How To Decorate A Salad For The New Year: Christmas Side Salads. If you like then please share in social media.