Tail comb came into fashion in the 60s of the 20th century, and today is considered a classic. Salon Secret stylists will tell all the secrets of this hairstyle.
The Tail With The Comb – It’s Even Like?
The tail & comb implied hair collected on the top of the head or the back of the head & comb in the parietal zone. To perform this hairstyle, you need long hair, or you have to use overhead strands to create a tail.
This hairstyle opens the face, attracting attention to it. Despite the seeming simplicity, often chooses celebrities for ceremonial events – Jennifer Lopez, Adele, Christina Aguilera, Megan Fox, Kim Kardashian, and others.
Beautiful and properly made tail with a comb allows you to wear large and catchy earrings, emphasize cheekbones, and attract the neck’s attention. If desired with this hairstyle, you can focus on the lips with bright lipstick.
Origin Story – Tail Comb
As it is now considered, the tail with the comb appeared with the filing of the American stylist Margaret Vinci Held, who offered this hairstyle to the magazine Modern Beauty Shop. Unusual voluminous styling caused such a furor that a year later, the haircut with a comb flaunted Holly Golightly, the heroine of Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”.
It was old by actresses, singers, and other celebrities. It became the basis of many hairstyles, both solemn and for each day.
High Ponytail With A Comb On Top – Step-by-step Instruction
- Start by washing your head. Experts recommend using volume shampoos: for example, Volumetry from L’Or’al Professionnel (suitable for thin hair), a shampoo-bath Densit from K’rastase (especially useful for damaged and brittle hair) or Total Results High Amplify from Redken for healthy hair.
- Dry your hair with a hairdryer or naturally. In the first case, don’t forget about the heat protection products. Redken’s Iron Shape spray, which does not weigh down hair, has proven itself well.
- Start your hair with a comb. To do this, divide the hair into several zones. The first (closest to the frontal part of the head) will cover the comb, throw forward, and secure it invisibly.
- From the rest of the hair, make a comb with a special comb. To put the hair out of the left strand, give the form of a comb with rare prongs, sprinkle with hairspray. The Infinium Extra Strong from L’Or’al Professionnel is a good fit. Fix the comb with a stud.
- Collect the hair in a ponytail as close as possible to the place of fixing the comb and tightly tie with a rubber band.
- With the help of a long stud pull the tail to the comb, fix, straighten with your hands.
Low Tail With His Own Hands
A low tail with a comb is an elegant hairstyle that looks very beautiful, and it can be done in a few minutes.
- Hair at the top of the head to comb with the help of a comb. Fix hair with hairspray, such as Redken’s Triple Tape, and secure the ends with an invisible or stud.
- The rest of the hair is assembled into a low ponytail at the back of your head. Smooth the hair with your hands, straighten the strands.
- If you have long hair, the tail can be twisted with a flat and make curls.
- Stylish idea: a thin strand from the base of the tail wrap the gum, end hides under the hair, and fasten the invisible.
Beautiful hairstyle with a side tail and a comb on top of the top
Asymmetrical tail with the comb is a non-banal solution for classic hairstyle, which can be easily done at home.
High Ponytail With Curls And Curls On Long Hair
Very fashionable hairstyle for owners of long hair, which will not leave anyone indifferent! Perfect for a date, birthday, or prom.
- Divide the hair into three parts. The temporal areas are stabbed on the back of the head with hairpins.
- Take the powder for the root volume, such as the Super Dust from L’Or’al Professionnel, apply a small amount on the roots, make a light comb.
- Separate the bottom row from the remaining free hair. Make curls with iron. It is recommended to keep the iron horizontally. Strands on the left side of the head turn to the left and on the right side of the head – to the right so that the hairstyle looks symmetrical.
- Then make curls out of the remaining mass of loose hair. Fix with varnish.
- Collected hair from the temporal parts of the head is also twisted with a bandage in curls and spread over the curls from the bottom of the head. Sprinkle your hair with varnish.
- If desired, you can distinguish the thin strands at the face.
A Festive Version Of The Tail Comb
The tail with the comb and its various variations is an excellent solution for all sorts of solemn occasions. Especially if you supplement your hairstyle with decorative elements: hairpins, live flowers, ribbons, etc.
Tips And Life Hack From Professionals
We have collected the most important and useful tips and life hacks from professional stylists hairdressers, which will be helpful to all who want to try to make a tail with their own hands.
- Since the comb visually lengthens the face, the hairstyle tail with a comb will suit first of all the owners of the round face.
- To create a comb, you will need such styling tools as a textured powder (note Powder Grip from Redken), modeling spray for styling, of course, hairspray for the final fixation of hairstyles & it is better to turn to professional products such as Infinium Extra from Strong L’Or’al Professionnel.
- If you have long hair, it will be enough to make a light root comb, and if the hair is of medium length, you can do the whole length, moving from the roots to the ends.
- If you lack the volume and thickness of hair, the following trick will help: make two tails strictly one above the other, and disguise the bottom with the help of combs and invisible.
- Remember: the more often the prongs on the comb, the lusher it will be comb.
- Do not use combs with metal prongs, so as not to damage the hair.
- Hairstyles with combs are not recommended to do on brittle, limp hair, or hair prone to falling out.
Hope You Enjoying The Article, Tail Comb: The Most Awesome Fashionable Hairstyle.