On Thanksgiving, Americans traditionally cook a baked turkey, pumpkin pie, and cranberry sauce. Read on Top 5 Thanksgiving Vegetable Festive Side Dishes.
The day of Thanksgiving on the table should be several traditional dishes. The main thing of them – Turkey, as a rule, baked. It is usually served cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, vegetable garnish, salad, or appetizer.
For dessert, cooked carrot, cranberry, nutty or pumpkin pie, as well as cinnamon, cheesecake, cranberry jelly. Also, in the Southern states, Bake cornbread. For festive dishes, Americans often serve wine or apple cider.
4. Cranberry Sauce – Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes
- 340 g cranberries
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup of water
- In the middle saucepan mix cranberry, sugar, lemon zest, and water; Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until the softness of cranberries, about 10 minutes.
- Chanje the sauce into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
3. Pumpkin Soup – Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes
- 500 g pumpkin Pulp
- 3 Potato
- One onion
- One carrot
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 500 ml of water
- 100 ml cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly ground red pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat vegetable oil in a saucepan, add peeled and chopped onions. Fry until soft. Then add the pieces of pumpkin pulp, peeled and chopped potatoes, peeled and chopped carrots, and grated ginger without the peel.
- Pour boiling water or broth, cover, and simmer over medium heat until soft all ingredients, about 20 minutes.
- Then knockdown using a submersible blender.
- Put on the stove, pour the cream, and add the spices. Warm-up and remove from heat.
- Submit to the table together with bread, croutons, or pumpkin seeds.
2. Creamy Mashed Potatoes – Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes
- 1 cup fatty Cream
- Four tablespoons unsalted butter
- Three large potatoes, peeled (preferably use Yukon gold potatoes)
- Salt pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sliced greens
- Heat the cream along with the butter so that the oil melted. Put aside.
- Fold the chopped potatoes in a saucepan and fill in with cold water. Bring to a boil and add one teaspoon of salt. Reduce heating and cook for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Strain.
- Mash the potatoes with the help of the press. Add the creamy mixture, stir.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper to taste. Optionally add olive oil and chopped green onions.
1. Pumpkin Pie – Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes
For the test:
- 1 1/4 Cups (175 g) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- One tablespoon (14 g) sugar
- 1/2 Cups (113 g) of butter, chilled and chopped
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/4 cups (30-60 ml) of icy water
For the filling:
- Three large eggs
- 2 cups mashed fresh pumpkin or 425 g canned
- 1/2 cups (120 ml) fatty cream
- 1/2 Cups (110 g) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- In the kitchen, harvester mix flour, salt, and sugar. Add the chopped butter cut and shoot down for about 15 seconds to make a mixture similar to crumbs. Add 1/8 cups (approx two tablespoons) of water and shoot down until the dough starts to assemble in a Kom. If necessary, pour the remaining water.
- Assemble it in a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then translate the dough into a slightly sprinkled flour surface and roll out in a circle with a diameter of 33 cm. Send in shape 23 cm diameter, form the sides. Again put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C
- Prepare for stuff. In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add other ingredients and stir. Pour the mixture into the prepared base of the cake. Bake the cake for about 45-55 minutes. The filling should be thickened and lightly — fresh sintered cake on the grille to room temperature.
Did you enjoy this collection of Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes? Save THIS PIN below to your Thanksgiving Side Dishes board on Pinterest and check the recipes as many times as you need!
See More Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes Images
Sarah Williams is a fashion and design enthusiast who loves to research and study the latest trends in tattoo ideas, hair styles, cute nail designs, women's fashion, living room decor ideas, and outfits. Her passion for fashion and creativity has led her to become an expert in these areas. Sarah's love for exploring different cultures and traveling also provides her with inspiration to create unique and stylish designs. She is dedicated to helping others express themselves through their personal style and home decor, making her a valuable resource for anyone looking to explore the world of beauty, fashion, and design.