For important holidays, the girl should prepare in advance. The prom dresses is no exception. We have collected the recommendations of beauty specialists on the choice of dresses in 2023.
Dear girls, you have an amazing, exciting, unforgettable last night at school. He’s special. Because saying goodbye to childhood happens only once. And it will be a ball where you want to be very beautiful and happy. Everyone likes it. So that the heart freezes from the universal: “Ah…” And first of all, to like yourself.
To make everything turn out perfectly, you need to prepare for the prom now. We hope that our tips will help the graduates of the 9th and 11th grades to create a unique image and become the queen of the ball.
What to Wear
The outfit is a key element of the image, having thought through which it will be easier to decide on shoes, accessories, hairstyle, make-up.
- In order for you to be paid attention to at the graduation party, it is not necessary to have a flashy bright outfit and even more so to put on everything at once. It is enough just to follow the following rules:
- When choosing a minimalist outfit, recoup on accessories – voluminous earrings or a fancy clutch will take all the attention on themselves
- If you prefer a bright and extraordinary outfit, then on the contrary, use minimalist jewelry so as not to overload your image.
- If the dress has an open back or shoulders, then it is better to collect the hair – so you will not distract attention from the main accent in the image
Colors in clothing and makeup should be in the same temperature – cold or warm – so the whole image will be harmonious.
A few classic prom dresses should be highlighted. They will never go out of fashion and will emphasize the elegance of the image, giving a special mood to the owner of the outfit.
Long Floor-length Dresses
a win-win option for the ball. Elegant, elegant dresses. The only thing that should not be forgotten when choosing a very long dress is whether you can hold out with a string all evening and all night, because usually school balls end with a meeting of dawn. And you probably want to dance not only slow dances or waltzes.
Dresses With Corset
Thanks to the corset tightening, the dresses fit perfectly and most profitably demonstrate the chiseled figure of the beauty, primarily the thin waist.
Evening and Cocktail Dresses
A young lady in such an outfit will certainly hear the most tender compliments in her address. In addition, an evening dress just has to be in the wardrobe of every girl.
Choose elegant styles, but the bolder options for evening dresses (tight in the floor, cuts from the hip, deep neckline, bare back) at the school ball will look defiant. And cocktails confidently stay in the top of the most fashionable outfits for graduation.
After all, they emphasize the youth, freshness and tenderness of this age. And such an outfit will be useful to you more than once in your life, because it is perfect for other celebrations, such as a romantic dinner with your beloved or the wedding of your best friend.
Well, now let’s move on to the models that are especially relevant this season.
Dresses with an asymmetrical skirt or top create an image that is elegant and bold at the same time. The mystery girl instantly attracts the eyes, puzzles, excites, delights.
The silk combination dress is a classic of the genre. Festive, comfortable and very sophisticated model. Lovers of minimalism can choose a classic dress on straps without decor, and girls who prefer an outfit “with a twist” will suit an extravagant model with feathers.
The combination dress with the “swing” neckline looks unusual, which adds even more femininity to the image. But do not forget that this dress looks most successful in the length of the midi.
Lace practically does not go out of fashion, it is very beautiful and exquisite. This fabric is perfect for young girls. But despite its constancy, lace fashion still periodically undergoes some changes. Today, stitching with lace embroidery-perforation is especially relevant.
This lightweight, natural fabric is perfect for hot weather. In general, a lace dress is one of the most suitable solutions for a romantic look at the prom. And it is better if it is a delicate shade in the pastel range.
The pleated dress is very feminine and elegant. For a festive mood, choose such a dress made of silk or satin – metal overflows will be very useful. In the new season, pay attention to asymmetrical, multi-layered models.
Also an interesting solution will be a dress with a pleated skirt, complemented by a transparent fabric. Such a model will give mystery and eccentricity to the image.
Castles in the air
Where without light, airy dresses like a cloud? Tulle dresses with multi-layered skirts and sleeves-bouffes are simply created for fragile, young ladies. They will give the desired volume and make the image sophisticated and elegant.
Such dresses are magnificent both in the short version and in the long one. Short models will bring a touch of flirtatiousness, and long ones will add mystery and restraint.
Alternatives to the Prom Dresses
The modern prom allows us to experiment with our images. Therefore, if you want to look extraordinary, then feel free to choose an alternative to the graduation dress.
Evening Top With Skirt or Trousers
Such an outfit allows its owner to experiment with the selection of the top and bottom. A top decorated with beads, embroidery, sequins or lace is a win-win option. No less beautiful is the silk top bustier without decor, emphasizing the elegant silhouette.
Well, for the more daring, a top of an unusual cut is suitable: asymmetrical, with a voluminous basque or hypertrophied elements. Combine evening tops with a calmer bottom so as not to overload the set.
A pantsuit for prom is probably one of the most unbeaten options. Still, not so often you will meet graduates in costumes. And in vain, because it is very elegant and stylish. For the desired effect, choose a suit made of light, flying fabrics without additional decor.
Such costumes in silk or satin look extremely impressive, especially in delicate shades. Well, loose trousers in the floor – a special chic. And if you want something more unusual, choose these pants from pleated flying fabric.
Also, a suit in the pajama style deserves special attention. Combine it with sandals on thin straps and stilettos, it will emphasize the weightlessness of the image and add to the evening mood. Here you can safely add accessories – luxurious earrings and a clutch on a long chain are an integral part of such a set.
The evening jumpsuit is just perfect for graduation – spectacular, luxurious and unusually feminine. In this image, you will definitely feel at your best. Well, a variety of models will allow you to find exactly the one that will emphasize the beauty of your figure.
Today we offer you to pay attention to the following variations of the evening overalls: asymmetrical with an open shoulder, with wide trousers, with lace or mesh inserts, with a bustier top, with a decorated top, with an open back.
The final cherry on the cake will be perfectly matched accessories. Here are some simple rules for their selection:
- We prefer simple, concise decorations.
- Give up the kits (earrings-ring-bracelet), it is no longer in fashion.
- Accessories should match the overall style of your look.
- Thin and small girls should abandon large jewelry that will make them even smaller.
- Girls with large forms will not be suitable for small jewelry with fragile details that will visually increase them.
The most important thing about accessories is that less is better than more. Overkill coexists with tastelessness, but minimalism is always stylish.
For very young graduates of the 9th grade, it is better to choose delicate colors or bright, but not flashy. Black is definitely not. Styles – quite restrained, even modest. But for eleventh-graders it is quite appropriate to choose deep and rich tones, and the styles can be bolder.
What Colors Will Be in Fashion
In the new season, both bright juicy colors and delicate pastel shades are relevant. Among the bright ones, it is worth noting the following: fuchsia, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright red, terracotta, violet blue. Delicate shades also amaze with their diversity: light gray, cream, pale pink, light gray-blue, light beige, light olive.
Which Color Is Right for You
Do you already know exactly what color is on your face? Great, you don’t have to read this chapter. Here are hints for those who have not yet decided on the palette.
The easiest option: go to the boutique and try on clothes of different colors. Ask for the opinion of a consultant, a friend, a mother… Choose for the ball the one that not only you like, but also which most favorably emphasizes the color of the eyes and hair, the shade of the skin.
And you can find out your color type “by science”. The main ones are four, determined mainly by the natural color of the hair. To make it easier for you, let’s name the typical representatives of each color type of celebrities.
- “Summer“. Hair color from light blond to almost chocolate, but without redness. Natalia Vodianova, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz. Cool shades of blue, lilac tones, as well as pearl, dusty pink are ideal.
- “Spring“. Blonde hair with redhead or goldenrod. Like Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Aniston, Svetlana Khodchenkova. Choose warm, saturated shades of yellow, green, peach colors.
- “Autumn“. Hair red or brown-golden shade. Like Julia Roberts, Juliana Moore, Mylène Farmer. You have rich, rich shades of reddish undertones to your face.
- “Winter“. The hair color is black, dark chocolate. Monica Bellucci, Dami Moore, Penelope Cruz. Shades of cobalt, purple, emerald, contrasting combinations (black and white) will be decorated.
We Select the Style According to the Type of Figure
When creating an image, it is imperative to take into account the features of appearance. Do not forget: what is beautiful in the catalog – it will not always be as beautiful to sit and look at you. Everything is individual.
- There are basic recommendations for different types of figures. So, girls with a “pear” physique should choose dresses with a high waist, decor on the sleeves and shoulders, a flared skirt.
- Full dresses made of matte fabric, with contrasting vertical inserts and reliefs. These delights are visually slim.
- If you have narrow shoulders, look at models with flounces or rich decor in the shoulders and sleeves, a round neckline or a boat – visually it will “balance” your figure.
- Wide shoulders will “smooth” dresses with A-silhouettes or an air skirt. Or a V-shaped neckline.
- Very thin stylists advise bright dresses, with an expressive print or finish. Skirts are multi-layered, lush.
- But graduates with a wide waist (type “apple”) should give preference to pay attention to dresses with a wide skirt or with a skirt-smell.
Now more and more experts give recommendations using the typing system of the New York stylist David Kibby. It is based on the comparison of the balance of yin and yang in the lines of the body. Let’s look at the main types and tips for choosing clothes.
Representatives of this type are tall and prominent, while narrow in the bone. Growth from 168 and above. Angular figure, elongated limbs. Facial features are sharp, expressive, often pronounced cheekbones. Cate Blanchett, Greta Garbo, Tilda Swinton, Amal Alamuddin.
- Your style is strict chic. The form should be sharp and geometric, sculptural. Fabric of medium or heavy density, with a matte and smooth surface. Italian tweed, fai, thick gabardine, heavy satin and dense brocade – these fabrics will work best.
- Romantic. Medium height (up to 165 cm), smooth body lines, feminine shapes, the figure of the “hourglass” or “apple”, plump lips. Romantics often look a little “in the body”, without having excess weight. Marilyn Monroe, Scarlett Johansson, Helena Bonham Carter, Beyoncé.
The shape should be rounded, with soft edges, no corners! Fabrics are light, amenable to drapery: chiffon, jersey, some types of wool, crepe, velvet, knitwear. The drawing is romantic, unobtrusive. Clothing should follow the lines of the body, emphasize the waist.
- Straight. Tall stature, rough muscular figure (“rectangle” with smoothed corners), broad shoulders. The chest, waist and hips are about the same line. Jennifer Aniston, Kate Middleton, Gabrielle Anwar.
- Clothes should follow the lines of your body: slightly straight with smooth roundings instead of corners. Fabrics – matte, medium density and rough structure, soft (batiste, velour, soft leather, suede). Avoid thin, transparent, “sticky” tissues to the body. Choose prints as simple as possible, with blurred lines.
- Classic. Height 165-172 cm, uniform proportions of the chest, waist and hips without a pronounced “hourglass”. The facial features are chiseled, symmetrical, evenly spaced. Catherine Deneuve, Grace Kelly.
The shape is smooth and symmetrical, with an emphasis on smooth edges, soft straight or smoothly curved lines (slightly adjusted or slightly flowing). Avoid sophisticated silhouettes. Well-shaped fabrics are suitable, not too shiny, but also not absolutely matte.
Have a Look: How to Make & Wear Prom Dresses
- Gamin. Short stature, about 160 cm, boyish figure, slightly angular, pretty face. This type is also called the “eternal teenager”. Audrey Tautou, Vanessa Paradis.
- Your shape is a small and sharp geometry. The fabric is best smooth or with a light texture. Use different combinations and color contrasts to make the image lively. Avoid boredom and symmetrical severity, express yourself in clothes boldly and cheerfully.
Hope you all are like the article, 19 Gorgeous Long Prom Dresses and Gowns for 2023.